AIM OF THE PROJECT: In PWM BASED BIDIRECTIONAL SPEED CONTROL OF DC MOTOR project we are going to control the dc motor direction and speed using the single potentiometer by the method of pulse width modulation.This method is effective, SCR phase angle approach and eliminates the need of reversing switch. This project use four quadrant chopper which works on MOSFET. This is mainly used for reversing and forwarding the motor.
ABOUT THE PROJECT :The speed of the DC motor is varied by varying armature voltage. The variable DC voltage is obtained from chopper. The field voltage is maintained constant. The drive consists of a time delay section.
ADVANTGES OF THE DIGITAL CONTROL SYSTEM
- Realiability and outstanding performance
- Not affected by component aging
- Stable performance with respect to temperature change, other affecting situations.
POWERFUL FEATURES OF THE PROJECT
- The DC motor can directly run from AC mains, without any additional starter and rectifier
- Forward, Reverse and Braking of the Motor.